We have launched a new FREE SEO tool called the Search Engine Visualizer !
The purposed of the Search Engine Visualizer is to help our clients understand how search engines see your website. The first step towards Search Engine Optimization is to analyze your current website and examine how the pages are built and organized. It is hard to explain how search engine robots or crawlers crawl your website and index it. This tool will help you better visualize what your website looks like to a crawler. When Google or Bing crawls your website they are looking at the content and trying to figure out who you are and what you do. The robots are not looking at your graphic design. They don’t see your images or your pretty layout. They look at the text, they read the text on the page. A search engine friendly web page has the text organized in an HTML format that is easy to read the text and structured with simple HTML tags to give the document a hierarchical structure.
Our new tool strips out all of the code in the html source and just shows the text content that the search engine would be looking for. The content is displayed in the order of the HTML page. The crawler reads line 1 thru line whatever from top to bottom of your HTML document. The search engine visualizer displays the same things the search engine robot would be looking for on your web page:
- Title tag
- Meta Description
- Alt tag
- a link hyperlinks
- H1, H2, H3, H4 header tags
- P tags and normal text on the page
How to use the Search Engine Visualizer
Use the tool to scan one of your web pages. Look at the results, scroll thru and read the results. After analyzing the results ask yourself these question
- What is the target keyword for this page and is it apparent in the visualizer?
- Do you have a structured document with a Title tag, Meta Description, H1, H2 headline text, paragraph text, hyperlinks and image ALT tag text?
- Is there important content missing from the results?
- How can you better organize your HTML and keywords to make your web page more search engine accessible?
That’s if folks. Be sure to contact us for some SEO help if you need some. We can work by the hour or on a project basis.